*knocks on your door*
Hello. I’ve heard you’ve been invalidating a male character’s past straight relationships in order to make your slash ship sale.
Could I interest you on the subject of bisexuality.
It’s free! It’s friendly! It’s perfectly workable with canon! It stops misogynistic fic tropes in order to slash ship in it’s tracks.
Invest in bisexuality today!
Bonus: Buy today and receive a free addition of pansexuality for no extra fee!
- The quiet, stoic man who is only antisocial because he is secretly gay
- The bisexual woman who turns out to be really actually straight
- The bisexual man who turns out to be really actually gay
- Sex solving relationships
- Dysfunctional relationships having no-caveat happily-ever-afters
- Strong women ending up being submissive to men
- People changing their personalities without reason
- People solving all of their problems the first time
- Relationships curing mental illnesses
- Ability not matching training
- The girl being a virgin but the guy being uber-experienced
- The girl having sexual experience and being shamed for it
- Girls having had lots of sex being seen as self-destructive while guys having had lots of sex being seen as normal
- People adjusting to rapid changes in their lives with no difficulty
- The girl fixing the broken guy (usually through sex)
- People having the necessary abilities without doing any work
- The main character being the smartest person in the room
- The main character being great at whatever they try
- The main character being able to do everything and solve every problem
- Magic without consequences
- Hidden magical societies for no reason
- The main character who is a reader
- The petty teenage girl whose only real sins are not being a reader and liking fashion
- The child who is “wise beyond their years”
- Stories that take an extended period of time with no apparent seasons
- Battles that don’t account for the environment
- Mythical creatures only being based in Christian or European mythology
- The only mythical creatures in East-Asian-inspired stories being dragons
- Everyone being cisgenered, white, and heterosexual
- Women needing to be saved by men
- Rape of a woman as a motivator for a male relative/friend/romantic or sexual partner
- Murder of a woman as a motivator for a male relative/friend/romantic or sexual partner
- Unqualified people ending up in charge of making major decisions
- The missing parent who is uber-powerful
- The dysfunctional parent
- The white savior
- The token black character
- The token gay character
- Judeo-Christian or Abrahamic morality in a non-Judeo-Christian/Abrahamic society
- Having cities with no poverty
- Continuously available clean water in non-modern/first-world country
- Conlangs being based on Romance languages
- Conlangs having excessive apostrophes
- Made-up biology
- A lack of research
i wish queer stories weren’t just boxed into the lgbtq section of fiction where 80% of things are ‘real life stories’
like i want trans kids and ace kids coming of age stories w/o tragedy but w/ road trips and friendship and exploration instead and i want bisexual elves that slay dragons and go on ridiculous quests and gay werewolves bc i’m tired of ~coming out metaphors~~ and a group of not only straight pre-teens that start an investigation club to find out who stole the neighbour’s lawn mower and where the lady from 2B’s cat went and movies about queer superheroes and post apocalyptic worlds/sci fi where society isn’t the exact same fucking mess as it is rn if you take away the flying cars the space ships and the zombies
maybe ppl would stop saying gsm stories don’t work in mainstream bc they’re unrelatable and depressing if they stopped only publishing/releasing queer fiction about sad teenagers that feel bad about not being straight and/or cis
This is so important!
I never know what to ask and end up looking like a fool cause I don’t have a question prepared.
Don’t be me.
I don’t get these posts that go like “part of me wants to be a hot girl at the bar and the other part of me wants to read and sip tea in a bookstore”
like you can wear red lipstick and a leather jacket and sip tea and dance in the rain and go to the gym and curl up in bed and get turnt the fuck up and go to church
you can literally have it all sis
the world is yours
This is the most inspiring thing I have ever read